Counseling Info during Distance Learning FAQ's
1. When will counselors be available?
- For immediate access, counselors will be available from 8 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday. In addition counselors will be responding to texts/emails throughout the day outside of these hours.
2. How do I contact my counselor?
-The best way to contact your counselor is via google voice, email, by text message using REMIND or by using the Bowman QR code (see code below). Through email, you can set up a virtual meeting (Google face-time) with your counselor, request a phone call if needed or just ask questions through your email.
3. What are some reasons I might need to reach out to my counselor?
- Help with issues with grades/classes, personal issues, and let's be honest... really anything you need.
4. What if I can't get a hold of a counselor and it is important?
- You can always reach out to ANY of your teachers
- You can reach out to administration
5. What if I am having an emergency?
- Call 911 if you feel that you are in any kind of immediate danger.
6. What if I am feeling suicidal, like I might hurt myself or feeling overwhelmed and need support?
- Call 911 if you feel that you are an immediate danger to yourself
- Call 1-800-273-8255 (Suicide prevention hotline)
- Text "HOME" to 741741 to speak to a trained crisis specialist.
-Download the MY3 app which has resources to help
IF YOU ARE HUNGRY?
The Santa Clarita School Food Service Authority is serving lunches at locations in the Santa Clarita Valley.
All children 18 years and younger may access free meals at these locations.
A grab and go sack lunch will be offered between noon and 1 PM Monday thru Friday.
Detailed information is on the District’s website.